History


1957

Founder Hans Otto Schlüter opens a cleaning company in Hanerau-Hademarschen (Schleswig-Holstein, Germany).
1958
 
The company opens its first workshop and completes its first metalwork projects.
1959
 
The company is involved in the construction of a pipeline for the companies DEA, Thyssen and Mannesmann.
1982


The company Hans Otto Schlüter celebrates its 25th anniversary. The sole proprietorship becomes a German limited liability company under the name Hans Otto Schlüter Stahl- und Rohrleitungsbau GmbH.
1985 Son Kurt Schlüter assumes management of the company.
1991


The company builds a new production facility in Lübz, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (Germany). New employees for the Lübz factory are trained in Hademarschen.
1992


The Lübz factory is officially opened and commences operation. The main products manufactured here are PVC-u, aluminium and steel window and door systems.
1996

The company invests in the expansion of production halls and administrative buildings.
1997

Introduction of a quality management system in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001.
2005




Hans Otto Schlüter Stahl- und Rohrleitungsbau GmbH becomes H. O. Schlüter GmbH & Co. KG (a limited partnership). Kurt Schlüter retires from the company, and the partners Wolfram Kraeplin (Metal Construction/Lübz), Sven Thomsen (PVC-u Construction/Lübz) and Reik Weyand (Pipeline and Metal Construction/Hademarschen) assume management of the company.
2007




The newly built manufacturing facility for PVC-u products commences operation at a second site in Lübz. The inauguration of the new plant is celebrated together with the company’s 50th anniversary. Window, door and façade construction has become the company’s core competency, and a decision is made to divest the pipeline construction business.
2008 Expansion work is completed on the administrative building in Lübz.
2009 Production capacities are expanded at the Hademarschen site.